Discussion Reflection Response – Advanced Practice Nursing Model
Post your complete response to the discussion questions in the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
This first week we are going to reflect on who we want to be and why. Why do you want to be an advanced practice nurse?
- Start with why you wanted to be a nurse originally; what does nursing mean to you? Describe the APN role that you are pursuing at South and why you chose this role—add a personal story to illustrate.
- This is a reflection and therefore no references are needed nor expected.
- There is only one (1) post for this discussion board.
- There is no requirement to respond to any of your peers.
- Your response should be 200-250 words in length.
Guidelines: In your discussion response, provide a substantive response that illustrates a well-reasoned and thoughtful response. Reflective posts provide you an opportunity to think back on the concepts and materials you reviewed for the week. A reflection is a method for personal growth. A reflection post can help answer questions, such as, “How has my thinking changed this past week?”, “How can I use the concepts or relationships from the course readings and course content in my practice?” Reflection enhances personal and professional growth by making connections to previous course content and/or presenting novel ideas and insights