Analysis of Variance One and Two Way ANOVA SPSS File Report
Using SPSS, this week’s assignment focuses on using analysis of variance ANOVA: both one-way and 2-way with interactions. One-way ANOVA allows researchers to investigate the difference of the means for 3 or more groups. Two-way ANOVA with interactions is used to investigate the difference in the groups of the two factors and their interaction.
To complete the assignment:
- Download and review the
- Using the airline satisfaction ANOVA.sav dataset to conduct one-way and 2-way ANOVAs to answer the questions below, Type your responses in a Word document:
(Note: Be sure to use the numeric variables for Class, Flight Cancelation and Age Range. String variables cannot be used in ANOVA calculations.)
- Does satisfaction differ for different classes (Business, Eco, and Eco Plus)? Include the output from SPSS. Which class is most satisfied? Which class is the least satisfied?
- Using a two-way ANOVA, and the factors Flight Cancelled and Class, determine if satisfaction differs if a flight is canceled.
- If so, are passengers more satisfied if the flight is not canceled?
- Determine if satisfaction differs by Class. If so, which class is the most satisfied and which is least satisfied? How does this result compare with the result in question 1?
- Is there a significant interaction between Flight cancellation and Class? If so, how does this affect satisfaction?
- Include your output tables from SPSS in your report.
- Using a two-way ANOVA and the factors Flight Cancelled and Age Range, determine if satisfaction differs if a flight is canceled.
- If so, are passengers more satisfied if the flight is not cancelled?
- Determine if satisfaction differs by Age Range. If so, which age range is the most satisfied and which is least satisfied?
- Is there a significant interaction between Flight Cancellation and Age Range? If so, how does this affect satisfaction?
- Include your output tables and plots from SPSS in your report.
- Knowing the results of the one-way ANOVA concerning class and the results for the two-way ANOVAs concerning flight cancellation, class and age range, recommend marketing actions that could be implemented to specifically address these results that would increase satisfaction.