Anti Infective Autobiography
The purpose of this assignment is to apply principles of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and drug effects in describing the lifespan of an anti-infective drug.
Imagine you are an anti-infective drug being introduced into a human body.You are either an anti-viral or an anti-bacterial medication. You are producing a short autobiography about your life, your experience within the body, and the job you have to do. In your story, be sure to apply the principles of pharmacotherapeutics that you have learned in this course.
- Address the following items in your autobiography: (3 points for each item)
- Your generic name, trade name, and drug classification.
- How you are getting into the body.
- How you will reach your target site.
- How you will exert your action on the body.
- How your work could go awry (think unwanted effects.)
- How you think your life will end.
- Apply specific pharmacology principles within your story. (5 points)
- You may choose to present your autobiography in one of the following formats:
- Written essay, 2-3 pages in length
- Double-spaced, one inch margins, Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font
- Appropriate paragraph transitions
- Proofread for correct spelling, punctuation, capitalization, grammar, and sentence structure
- Contains at least one appropriate image or lillustration
- Recorded audio story, approximately 5 minutes in length. Please provide a written transcript with this option.
- Multimedia presentation (some options include video; Prezi; Powerpoint). A multimedia presentation must include at least two of the following: images/illustrations; voice narration; animation; appropriate related text
- Your work will also be graded on organization/visual presentation or writing guidelines (5 points) and creativity (2 points).
- Cite your sources where appropriate and provide references.
Save your file in an appropriate format based on your presentation format.
Include the term Autobio and your Last Name when saving your file. Example: AutoBio_Smith.doc
Upload your completed document using the Browse button, and then click the Submit button.
Upload audio files directly to Blackboard
Upload multimedia or videos to YouTube or a similar site and provide the URL link to your work.