Assessment Tools And Diagnostic Tests In Adults
Assignment 1: Case Study Assignment: Assessment Tools and Diagnostic Tests in Adults and Children
When seeking to identify a patient’s health condition, advanced practice nurses can use a diverse selection of diagnostic tests. And assessment tools; however, different factors affect the validity. And reliability of the results produced by these tests or tools. Nurses must be aware of these factors in order to select the most appropriate test or tool and to accurately interpret the results.
Not only do these diagnostic tests affect adults, body measurements can provide a general picture of whether a child is receiving adequate nutrition or is at risk for health issues. These data, however, are just one aspect to be considered. Lifestyle, family history, and culture—among other factors—are also relevant. That said, gathering and communicating this information can be a delicate process.
For this Assignment, you will consider the validity. And reliability of different assessment tools and diagnostic tests. You will explore issues such as sensitivity, specificity, and positive and negative predictive values. Will also consider examples of children with various weight issues. And will explore how you could effectively gather information. And encourage parents and caregivers to be proactive about their children’s health and weight.
· Search the Walden Library and credible sources for resources explaining the tool or test you were assigned. What is its purpose, how is it conducted, and what information does it gather?
· Also, as you search the Walden library and credible sources, consider what the literature discusses regarding the validity, reliability, sensitivity, specificity, predictive values, ethical dilemmas, and controversies related to the test or tool.
The Assignment – Instructions
Assignment (4 pages, APA 7, not including title and reference pages):
Assignment Option 1: Adult Assessment Tools or Diagnostic Tests:
Adult Diagnostic Tests
1. Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test
Include the following:
1. A description of how the assessment tool or diagnostic test you were assigned is used in healthcare.
2. What is its purpose?
3. How is it conducted?
4. What information does it gather?
5. Based on your research, evaluate the test or the tool’s validity and reliability, and explain any issues with sensitivity, reliability, and predictive values. Include references in appropriate APA formatting.
6. Minimum 5 references.
7. APA 7