I’m studying and need help with a Health & Medical question to help me learn.
For the Organizational Communication Plan assessment you will create a 2-3-page executive summary that outlines an analysis of patient satisfaction data and puts forth a communication plan to improve organizational performance and improve patient satisfaction.
Upon completion of the strategic planning process, further strategic thinking is required to determine how to achieve the goals identified. Implementation of the strategy requires setting objectives, and development of plans and budgets that translate into specific action plans (Ginter, Duncan, & Swayne, 2013). Action plans must be developed to link the department or organizational unit, such as surgical unit, human resources, to the overall strategy (Ginter, Duncan, & Swayne, 2013).
The value chains within health care organizations are comprised of those departments or components that create value and ultimately a competitive advantage for the organization (Ginter, Duncan, & Swayne, 2013). Innovation in the health care industry will change the way in which clinical care is delivered. New business models will develop in response to patient demands (Davey, Brennan, & McAdam, 2010). The inability to respond to the demand for innovative health care and new business models will result in the organization losing their competitive advantage. Justifying the need for a new business model requires the organization to understand the needs of the market in which they deliver services (Davey, Brennan, Meenan, & McAdam, 2010).
Davey, S. M., Brennan, M., Meenan, B. J., & McAdam, R. (2010). The health of innovation: Why open business models can benefit the healthcare sector. Irish Journal of Management, 30(1), 21–40.
Ginter, P. M., Duncan, W. J., & Swayne, L. E. (2013). The strategic management of health care organizations (7th ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
DEMONSTRATION OF PROFICIENCY
- Competency 1: Apply theories and best practice in strategic leadership to drive improvements for health care systems.
- Describe the key stakeholders and the importance of addressing their needs.
- Competency 2: Apply theories and best practices in human resource and workforce management to solve organizational issues in health care systems.
- Analyze operational issues.
- Recommend current best practices to improve processes and solve operational issues.
- Competency 3: Analyze the components of high performance teams to enable the achievement of the departmental strategic vision.
- Describe effective communication strategies a leader may choose to employ when communicating the strategic vision of the organization to key stakeholders.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others and is consistent with health care professionals.
- Demonstrate effective communication through writing and proper use of APA style.
- Communicate in a professional and effective manner by writing content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
For this assessment, assume you are employed as a strategic planner with Metropolitan Health. Mission and vision are important to the strategic planning process of a health care organization.
For this assessment, consider the following mission and vision statement.
- Mission: Metropolitan Health’s mission is to be the leading provider of the highest quality health care through education, research, and clinical practice.
- Vision: To be the most trusted health care provider of choice for patients of the Sunrise region.
You have been asked to review the most recent patient survey data and develop an executive summary that addresses the data and develops a plan for improvement.
You interpret the data and find that the data from the previous twelve months of patient satisfaction surveys at Metropolitan Health indicate patients are dissatisfied with their overall patient experience. Areas identified as leading causes for dissatisfaction are related to the following:
- The inability to ask their provider questions.
- Difficulty in making appointments.