Operations are composed of many different processes to fulfill customer needs and requirements. The value chain is a higher-level view of those processes from a customer view. In order to meet customer requirements like quality and cycle time, organizations need to identify the value chain, sub processes and measures needed to meet the customer needs.
Consider a process from an organization you are familiar with.
- Identify the steps in the high-level value chain required to fulfill the customer requirements from beginning to end.
- From the high-level value chain steps, identify the operational sub processes.
- Identify those metrics that the organization should monitor at both the value chain level and sub process level.
- Based upon the process you described above, if an organization needs to improve a process within the value chain, how would you analyze the process and metrics to know that the process is not working
- Explain what steps the organization could take based upon your analysis for value chain improvement.
In 500-750 words, complete the following: