I’m stuck on a Biology question and need an explanation.
SCIENTIFIC METHOD ARTICLE-STYLE REPORT
Download the report sheet, complete it, and then submit.Do not change the format.
All blue shaded areas require answers in 12 pt. font.
Write this report as a research article but follow the format below and submit your report to your instructor. Adjust the size of the blue shaded areas as needed.
Do not use personal pronouns (I, you, they, etc.) when writing your report.
Title – underline title and describe lab content concisely, adequately, appropriately.
Abstract – brief paragraph about
- Convey a sense of the full report concisely and effectively of what was done.
- Convey a sense of the full report concisely and effectively of what was found as a class (not your own individual work).
- Provide adequate scientific background information on the topic (pinto bean germination). This is information above and beyond what is provided in the unit. You may use books, journals and internet sites.
- State the aim and hypothesis and provide a logical reasoning for it.
- State your variables. Be specific and state the independent variable (the variable you manipulate), dependent variable (the variable you measure), and control variables (the variables that need to be constant for the two groups).
|IV. Materials & Methods|
Materials and Methods – be specific.
- Include a list of materials used.
- Include the complete procedure. Numerate the steps. You may copy the procedure verbatim from the unit.
Results – include
- Open with effective statement of overall findings.
- Present visuals that are clear and accurate (table with seed germination class results)
- Present clear verbal findings and provide support (provide the test conclusion).
Discussion – discuss your results.
- Open with an effective statement of support/no support for the hypothesis (includes conclusion statement).
- Provide logic explanations.
- Back up statements with references to appropriate findings.
- Sufficiently address other issues pertinent to the lab.
Conclusion – Describe what has been learned.
Reference – list sources used. You must include two references in APA style
I. List the Scientific Method Steps in order (conclusion, experiment, hypothesis, question, observation and results)
II. Experiment (your results only)
|Environment||Number of seeds tested||Number of seeds germinated||Germination percentage|
|Seeds in water||100|
|Seeds in H2O2||100|
III. Questions: Address the following using class results (not just yours)
End of Lab J