I need support with this Sociology question so I can learn better.
ONE (1) of the categories listed below to focus on for this assignment.
- Write a paper in which you compare and contrast two major Western religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam). Begin your project with a clear, focused thesis statement. Address the origins, region, main leaders, the particular teachings/philosophies, rituals, scriptures, holy days/holidays, and impact of the religions. Use the categories and terms from chapter 1 in your descriptions of the religions.
- Write a paper in which you present a visual report on two (2) Western religions sites nearby [at least one has to be either Judaism or Islam]. An alternative for those in rural places would be to do an Internet search of two religious locations. Begin your project with a clear, focused thesis statement. Look at architecture, interior space, etc. Include visuals to illustrate your points. How do these reflect the definitions and terms of Chapter 1 and what we have learned about these religions?
- Write a paper that explores religion in the news. Find an extensive news story on one Western religion or one of the New Religious Movements. Begin your project with a clear, focused thesis statement. Using 5 (five) terms and concepts from Chapter 1 and pertinent chapters from Fisher, interpret that story for people at a family gathering by explaining how it relates to the basic tenets of that faith tradition
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Use at least three (3) quality resources as references for the assignment and document your sources. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Write clearly and coherently using correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and mechanics.
Your assignment must meet these requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine how the world views of major religions compare to each other and their impacts on society.
- Outline the world views of major religions