Concept of counseling
Read “A Vision for the Future of Counseling: The 20/20 Principles for Unifying and Strengthening the Profession” from the Journal of Counseling & Development. This article explains how multiple counseling organizations collaborated to shape a collective counseling identity for counselors everywhere.
To learn more about ACA 20/20 Vision, read the links listed on the 20/20: A Vision for the Future of Counseling page.
Include the following key elements
- Counselor Identity
- Explain the concept of counseling as a professional identity. What does it mean to have a professional identity as a counselor? Why is a professional counseling identity important?
- How does adhering to a counseling code of ethics support your professional counseling identity?
- Counseling Careers
- Reflect on the scope of practice you researched in the Wk 1 assignment, and describe three of the duties of a professional counselor.
- Describe at least two career paths you want to pursue after graduation.
- Describe two professional settings you would consider after graduation, and explain why they are of interest to you.
700- to 1,050 explaining counselor identity and counseling careers.