Week 10: Concepts of Women’s and Men’s Health, Infections, and Hematologic Disorders
In this Assignment, you examine a case study and analyze the symptoms presented. You identify the elements that may be factors in the diagnosis. And you explain the implications to patient health.
Case Study (Scenario)
42-year-old man presents to ED with 2-day history of dysuria, low back pain. Inability to fully empty his bladder, severe perineal pain along with fevers and chills. He says the pain is worse when he stands up and is somewhat relieved when he lies down. Vital signs T 104.0 F, pulse 138, respirations 24. PaO2 96% on room air. Digital rectal exam (DRE) reveals the prostate to be enlarged, extremely tender, swollen, and warm to touch.
In your Case Study Analysis related to the scenario provided, explain the following as it applies to the scenario you were provided:
· Why inflammatory markers rise in STD/PID, prostatitis and infection happens. Also explain the causes of systemic reaction.
· Why a patient would need a splenectomy after a diagnosis of ITP.
· Anemia and the different kinds of anemia (i.e., micro and macrocytic).
1. The College of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, conclusion, and references.
1. Keep in mind that APA 7 formatting is required.
1. At least 5 References and they should be no older than five years from publication.
Week 10: Concepts of Women’s and Men’s Health, Infections,
and Hematologic Disorders