Review the Chapter 8 case study, Cultural Models of Breast Cancer, located in Section 8.2 in your textbook.
- Compare and contrast the different cultures highlighted in the case study.
- For example, what are differences in health beliefs across the different cultural groups?
- Using scholarly sources, conduct additional research on the groups presented and find one social and one biological determinant that was not addressed in the case study.
- Critique the information presented in the case study by addressing the following questions:
- How did your research findings support and dispute the information presented in the case study? Explain in detail the differences and similarities found.
- What are possible ethical issues that may have affected the results in the case study?
- If you were one of the researchers on the team, how would you devise a plan to address these ethical issues?
- Determine the social and biological determinants of health that likely influenced the results in the case study. Were the determinants of health the same across all the cultural groups in the case study? Why or why not?