Earth Science Response
– I will need 2 Response posts (only) to the 2 attached posts below. My original one will also be attached.
– 100-150 Words Each
– Supportive References
Study from this week:
In this dialogue forum, please address current understanding of plate tectonics. Choose one of these various perspectives to discuss:
1) standard mainstream thinking — moving plates, with subduction zones and hot spots;
2) alternative (upstart) views by mainstream geologists — “elevator tectonics,” and “surge tectonics”;
3) young-Earth views of timing and effects — fast (so-called “catastrophic”) plate tectonics with rapid horizontal motion and (vertical) sinking of plates;
4) views in which plate tectonics ushers in a “new age.”
– Earth Science, 15th edition, by Edward J. Tarbuck, Frederick K. Lutgens, Dennis Tasa. Pearson/PrenticeHall, 2018.
Ch – 7,11-12