Elisabeth of Bohemias Criticism of Descartes and Dualism Theory
1. W4 DiscussionHi,
welcome to this week discussion!
What is due?
Please choose one topic (see below) and post at least one reflection and two comments to your peers’ reflections.
This assignment is meant to assess your capacity to understand and reflect autonomously on the contents that you studied, and your capacity to engage with different opinions and views in a respectful and fruitful way, collaborating with your peers for an inclusive learning environment.
1) One post on the chosen prompt, 100 to 200 words
2) At least two comments on your peers’ posts, 50 to 100 words each. One of the comments can be your reply to a comment you received. Comments can be on any topic, not necessarily the prompt you have chosen.
Please be sure that your posts are on topic, and your comments are respectful and constructive. See the rubric for details.
IMPORTANT: This is a group discussion; be sure that you post in your group, not in the general discussion. Only if you post in your group your submission will be graded.
1) Do you think that Elisabeth of Bohemia’s criticism of Descartes is convincing? Why?
2) What is your position regarding the “hard problem” of consciousness? Do you think science will be able to explain how the physical brain produces conscious experience? Why yes, why no?
3) Do you think that Ryle’s criticism of Descartes is convincing? Why?
4) If you watched the movie Blade Runner, share your thoughts on how it relates to the topics of this week.
2. reading summary 200-250words