Develop an action plan with strategies to successfully complete FlexPath course work
What’s your plan? The beginning of a degree program is full of excitement about new beginnings as well as future possibilities. Completing this assessment will help you channel that excitement and vision of possibilities into a concrete plan of action. Creating an action plan is a great way to help clarify your goals and plans and to begin transforming your aspirations into reality.
Although the preparation and directions listed below are specific to this assessment, the process they lead you through is similar to what you will do in every FlexPath academic course.
To prepare for this assessment:
- Review the FlexPath Action Plan Scoring Guide (located just below the Directions) to see the criteria by which this assessment will be evaluated.
- Review the FlexPath Action Plan template linked in the Resources (located in the above section).
- Estimate the time it will take you to complete your plan and then set your target date.
- Remember that you should plan to submit the assessment no later than the Tuesday prior to the date your first academic course starts.
- Give yourself plenty of time to thoughtfully consider the questions it poses and summarize your responses. Although you will submit the action plan for evaluation in this practice course, remember that you are creating the plan to use as you begin your first academic course. The more you put into it, the more useful it will be.
Step 1: Complete the Assessment.
- Open the FlexPath Action Plan template, linked in the Resources section.
- Use the template to format your assessment. Type your responses within the spaces provided in the template.
- Save your work as a Word document using the file naming conventions listed in the Assessments Attempt tab.
Step 2: Review your work.
- Review your work before submitting the plan. Do you see anything you want to change or add? Is the grammar and spelling correct? Revise the plan until you are satisfied with it and review the FlexPath Action Plan Scoring Guide again to ensure you have met the criteria.
Step 3: Submit your assessment.
Attach your Word document to this assessment and submit it. To do that, complete the following:
- Click the Submit Assessment button located at the bottom of this page.
- Click on Submit Assessment (Attempt 1).
- In the assessment area, click Browse My Computer to locate and attach your document to this assessment.
- Click Submit.
Step 4: Review your feedback.
Your facilitator will evaluate your plan according to the scoring guide and return it within two business days for you to review. You will see an alert on your Campus dashboard when your assessment has been reviewed by the facilitator. To see the facilitator feedback, complete the following:
- Click on the Assessment 1 tab.
- Click on the Attempt tab to view your feedback.
Step 5: Complete this course.
If you have demonstrated sufficient performance, select Complete This Course in the left navigation menu of the courseroom. Click the blue Complete This Course to complete this practice course. This button will activate upon completing the assessment and checking your feedback.
Congratulations, and welcome to FlexPath!
- Format: Use the FlexPath Action Plan template to format your assessment. Type your entries using double-spaced paragraphs in Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Written communication: Communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Writing style: Expectations for scholarly writing include the use of third-person narrative, unless it is awkward to do so. Because you are talking about yourself in this assessment, you may write in the first person.