Fundamentals of Managerial Accounting Concepts
For this assignment, refer to the scenario located in “Problems – Series A,” section 8-19A of Ch. 8, “Performance Evaluation,“ of Fundamentals of Managerial Accounting Concepts. This scenario puts you in charge of preparing a budget for the Redmond Management Association annual public relations luncheon. I have uploaded the article below.
Read the scenario in the textbook and complete the activity below.
Use Microsoft® Excel®—showing all work and formulas—to complete the following:
- Prepare a flexible budget.
- Compute the sales volume variance and the variable cost volume variances based on a comparison between the master budget and the flexible budget.
- Compute flexible budget variances by comparing the flexible budget with the actual results.
Create a 6- to 8-slide presentation for the budget committee meeting. Complete the following in your presentation:
- Summarize the results of the sales volume and variable cost volume variances computations based on the comparison between the master budget and the flexible budget.
- Summarize the results of the flexible budget variances computations based on the comparison between the flexible budget and the actual results.
- Justify the favorable or unfavorable budget variances.
- Since this is a not-for-profit organization, address why anyone should be concerned with meeting the budget.
- Make recommendations for what can be done differently to stay on budget for future luncheons. Provide specific examples to support your recommendations.
Cite references to support your assignment.