Gordon’s functional health patterns
Compare and contrast the growth and developmental patterns of two toddlers of different ages using Gordon’s functional health patterns. Describe and apply the components of Gordon’s functional health patterns as it applies to toddlers.
Post your discussion to the Moodle Discussion Forum. Word limit 500 words. Support your answers with the literature and provide citations and references in APA format. Reply to at least two other student posts with a reflection of their response
FUNCTIONAL HEALTH PATTERNS
- developed by Marjory Gordon.
- a method used by nurses in the nursing process to provide a comprehensive nursing assessment of the patient.
- Taxonomy II of NANDA Nursing Diagnosis classification is based on Gordon’s functional health patterns.
- Gorden’s functional health pattern includes 11 categories which is a systematic and standardized approach to data collection.
LIST OF FUNCRIONAL HEALTH PATTERNS
- Health Perception – Health Management Pattern
- describes client’s perceived pattern of health and well being and how health is managed.
- Nutritional – Metabolic Pattern
- describes pattern of food and fluid consumption relative to metabolic need and pattern indicators of local nutrient supply.
- Elimination Pattern
- describes pattern of excretory function (bowel, bladder, and s
- Activity – Exercise Pattern
- describes pattern of exercise, activity, leisure, and recreation.
- Cognitive – Perceptual Pattern
- describes sensory, perceptual, and cognitive pattern
- Sleep – Rest Pattern
- describes patterns of sleep, rest, and relaxation.
- Self-perception – Self-concept Pattern
- -describes self-concept and perceptions of self (body comfory, image, feeling state)
- Role – Relationship Pattern
- describes pattern of role engagements and relationships.
- Sexuality – Reproductive Pattern
- describes client’s pattern of satisfaction and dissatisfaction with sexuality pattern, describes reproductive patterns.
- Coping – Stress Tolerance Pattern
- describes general coping patterns and effectiveness of the pattern in terms of stress tolerance.
- Value – Belief Pattern
- – describes pattern of values and beliefs, including spiritual and /or goals that guide choices or decisions.
Gordon, M. Nursing Diagnosis: Process and application, Third Edition. St. Louis: Mosby, 1994.