1. Set the Margins to One Inch
The margins of the paper should be set to 1″ (one inch) all around.
1. Go to the Page Layout or Layout tab
2. Click Margins
3. Select the Normal option
2. Set the Spacing to Double
The line spacing for the paper should be set to double (2.0).
1. Go to the Home tab
2. In the Paragraph box, click the icon that looks like two up/down arrows with text to the right
3. Pick 2.0
4. Alternate Method: You can also press the Control Key along with the number 2 to quickly double space.
3. Create a Title for Your Paper
Your title should summarize the main topic of your paper. Try not to be too wordy or off-topic. While there is no word limit for titles, “short but sweet” is the goal. The APA Style Blog has further information on titles: Five Steps to a Great Title. Use title case for paper titles.
· Attitudes of College Students Towards Transportation Fees
4. Add Page Numbers to the Header
Insert the page number in the right area of the header. Use the built-in page numbering system; do not attempt to type each page number manually.