Help me study for my Biology class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
1. Compare the synthesis, storage transport of location of receptors and cellular mechanism of action catecholamine, thyroid, peptide and steroid hormones.
2. Discuss the six anterior pituitary hormones, their primary targets and the hormones which control their release.
3. Compare the long-loop negative feedback for the anterior pituitary hormones to the negative feedback loops for insulin and parathyroid hormone
.4. Explain the three most common types of endocrine pathologies.
5. Discuss how the concept of cell-to-cell communication as it applies to the endocrine system.
6. Discuss how the concept of cell-to-cell communication as it applies to the nervous system.
7. Discuss the role of the Na+K+ pump in maintaining the membrane potential of a cell.
8. Explain how Ohm’s law relates to our Core Concept of flow-down gradients.
9. Compare graded and action potentials.
10. Discuss the role of Na+ and K+ channels in generating an action potential.
11. Explain how antagonistic control is a hallmark of the autonomic nervous system.
12. Compare nicotinic cholinergic, muscarinic cholinergic, and adrenergic receptors.
13. Compare the two main types of alpha receptors and the three main types of beta receptors.
14. Compare the anatomy and chemical communication of the somatic motor, parasympathetic and sympathetic divisions.
*When answering the questions, look at the way the question is worded.
*List means just that, make a list;
*Diagram means draw and label;
*Describe means tell me about it;
*Explain means tell me how it works;
*Compare means tell me how things are similar and how they are different.
*For describe, explain, and compare questions,
*THINK about what you want to write, OUTLINE your answer, and then write your answer.
*Answer with a short paragraph or series of paragraphs. Each paragraph should begin with a topic sentence, several sentences which support or elaborate on the topic sentence, and a transition or concluding sentence.* If a series of paragraphs are needed, the first paragraph should be an introduction to your answer.