Title of Assignment:
Module 2 assignment: Immune system disorders
Purpose of Assignment:
Apply knowledge and understanding of the pathophysiology of immune system disorders. Autoimmune disorders are generally considered the host attacking itself, which manifests in different types of disorders.
· Determine the cellular functions required to regulate homeostasis.
Identify a person you know who has an immune system disorder or cancer. Review content in your text for potential types of disorders.
Interview the affected person and write a 3-5 page pager identifying your findings including:
Immune system disorders
· Identify the pathophysiology of the immune system disorder the the treatment for the immune system disorder and the findings of the interview.
· Use at least one scholarly sources to support your findings or identify therapies that may be new or different from what the affected person may be using. Examples of scholarly sources include academic journals, textbooks, reference texts, and CINAHL nursing guides. You can find useful reference materials for this assignment in the School of Nursing guide: https://guides.rasmussen.edu/nursing/referenceebooks
· Cite your sources in-text and on a References page using APA format. Have questions about APA? Visit the online APA guide: https://guides.rasmussen.edu/apa
1. Which immune system disorder do you have?
2. How long have you had this disorder?
3. How has this disorder changed your life (home and work)?
4. Are you able to carry out daily activities independently?
5. What therapies are you using to manage this disorder?
6. What, if any, side effects does the treatment have?
7. What therapies are you using to manage this disorder?
8. What, if any, side effects doe the treatment have?
9. Has this disorder changed your body?
10. Does this disorder have any emotional effects on you?
11. Have alternative therapies, such as Eastern medicine (acupuncture, herbal treatment, yoga) been tried or recommended?