Task 1- Feedback review on Part A
This Do NOT delete any part of the template
activity is to be completed and submitted as part of Assessment 2 (Part B).
This activity should bring to your attention the importance of referencing and paraphrasing and help to improve your marks awarded for Academic Style and Referencing.
Use your submitted Assessment 2 (Part A) when considering the following questions. Please highlight or underline your chosen answer.
- Did you include in-text references in your answer and a reference list at the end?
What is the purpose of including in-text references and a reference list in an assessment?
- Provide evidence for the source of the information
- Allows information to be included without paraphrasing
- Permits information to be directly copied without rewriting
What is the purpose of submitting your assessment through Turnitin?
- Allows you to identify material that needs to be referenced
- Allows you to identify material that needs to be paraphrased
- Allows you to identify incorrect information that should be removed
Which of the following Turnitin similarity percentages best represents an assessment that has been well paraphrased?
Make sure you include in-text references in every answer and check your Turnitin similarity % at least three days before the due date so you have time to paraphrase your answers.
Task 2- Short answer questions.
Note: Please see Learning Guide for questions.
All answers must be in complete sentences and include in-text references as evidence for the source of your knowledge.
Question 2 (approximately 500 words)
- Describe the mechanics of pulmonary ventilation (inspiration and expiration) in a healthy person.
Why is surfactant important to the respiratory system?
As the cells that secrete surfactant are immature in a premature neonate (<37-weeks gestation), what are the implications to a baby born prematurely?
Question 3. Vitamins and minerals are important for body system health. (approximately 200 words)
- Identify major sources of calcium ions and its role in maintaining bone health.
Identify major sources of vitamin D and its role in maintaining bone health.
What would be the consequences to bone health if there was a lack of either calcium or vitamin D in the body?
Note: minimum of four references must be used and not more than two websites can be used in this assessment.