Informatics Competencies and Advanced Nursing Practice
According to the AACN (2006) Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice. DNP graduates are distinguished by their abilities to use information systems/technology to support. And improve patient care and healthcare systems. And provide leadership within healthcare systems and/or academic settings” (p. 12).
Reflect on the AACN DNP “Essential IV: Information Systems/Technology. And Patient Care Technology for the Improvement and Transformation of Health Care” and your own technology experience and answer the following.
- What were your initial thoughts on reading the AACN Information Systems/Technology Essentials for the DNP graduate?
- Did you find any of the essentials surprising? Why or Why not?
- Describe the changes you have seen in your practice setting over the past five years that have been brought about by the use of technology and evidence-based practice.
- Describe the changes you expect to see in your practice setting over the next five years based on technology.
- How have these changes affected nursing practice in your setting?
Use an APA 7 style and a minimum of 200 words. Provide support from a minimum of at least three (3) scholarly sources. The scholarly source needs to be: 1) evidence-based, 2) scholarly in nature, 3) Sources should be no more than five years old (published within the last 5 years), and 4) an in-text citation. citations and references are included when information is summarized/synthesized and/or direct quotes are used, in which APA style standards apply.
• Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources.
• Wikipedia, Wikis, .com website or blogs should not be used.