Important! Read First
Choose one of the following two assignments to complete this week. Do not do both assignments. Identify your assignment choice in the title of your submission.
Option #1: Gender Roles and National Differences
While sex stereotypes are somewhat similar from nation to nation, the roles men and women play, or are expected to play, across cultures differ significantly. For this assignment, choose two nations with differing gender roles and analyze these differences.
In this assignment you must complete the following:
2. Contrast those differences between the nations.
3. Discuss how these gender roles influence individuals’ perceptions of self.
Your paper should be 4-5 pages in length and conform to the APA formatting. Include at least three peer-reviewed references from the library databases in addition to the course textbook. The CSU Global Library is a good place to find these references.
Option #2: Intercultural Relationships and Film
Intercultural relationships are often depicted in films. For this assignment, choose any film that portrays an intercultural relationship.
In your analysis, complete the following:
1. Briefly summarize the film.
2. Discuss two conflicts that emerge between the couple trying to negotiate cultural differences in their relationship.
3. Discuss how the couple faces cultural conflicts with other groups.
Additionally, be sure to answer the following questions about the intercultural relationship in the film:
1. How did the cultural conflicts originate about/around the relationship?
2. How did the characters respond to the conflicts?
3. What are the positive/negative outcomes of having an intercultural relationship?
Your paper should be 4-5 pages in length and conform to the APA formatting Include at least three peer-reviewed references from the library databases in addition to the course textbook.