I’m trying to study for my Biology course and I need some help to understand this question.
Do the lab and fill out the document labeled “lab document” attached below, use the other document labeled exercise 2 attached for additional info.
In this exercise, you will identify three unknown substances by using the data I gathered in Exercise 2. (attached below)
- Locate the three unknown samples and examine them closely.
Note: You have already developed a set of hypotheses in Exercise 2, question 4. Refer to these hypotheses as needed.
- Design an experiment to determine the identity of the unknowns using at least 3 methods of identification. Record the steps that you will take in Panel 1: Experimental Methods.
- Determine the appearance, scent, mass(g), behavior in water and behavior in vinegar for unknowns 1–3.
- Record all data in Data Table 7.
- Based on the data you collected, draw a conclusion about the identity of each substance.
Note: Refer back to the data you collected in Data Tables 2–6 to help in your identification of the unknowns.
- Record your conclusions in Data Table 7.