Unit 2 – Introduction to Evidence Practice Problem Paper
In this assignment, you will select an evidence-based practice problem from an identified list of topics provided by your course faculty (this is the topic you selected and identified in your unit 1 discussion: PICOT Research Question: “in-patient with osteoarthritis of the knees, is water therapy done daily more successful than a land-based exercise in restoring motion?” The “in-patient with osteoarthritis” is the target population. “While water” therapy is the intervention of interest, “land-based exercise” is the comparison. “Restoring of motion” and “performed daily” will be the outcome and time, respectively.). After selecting a topic from the provided list, you will develop a PICOT question around your topic. Then, you will discuss the selected topic problem and significance of the problem, as well as your search strategy in locating three research articles that align to your selected topic.
PICOT Research Question
For this assignment, be sure to include the following assignment criteria in your paper:
- Discuss your selected evidence-based practice problem/topic.
- Discuss the significance of the selected evidence-based practice problem.
- Support your discussion in terms of statistics and evidence-based outcomes.
- Describe your PICOT question created around the selected evidence-based practice problem.
- Included the individual PICOT components, as well as a combine PICOT question, in sentence format.
- Identify the three articles you selected that address the problem which is the focus of your PICOT question.
- Describe the search strategy you used to locate these three articles, including terms used when search, the research databases, and how you refined your search to select the three articles.
- Provide a conclusion to summarize your findings.
PICOT Research Question
Remember to support your ideas with the articles you found. These articles should be less than five (5) years old. They should not be from the Web, but from the library databases, and be sure to use a narrative format.
In addition, you must follow APA guidelines, providing a title page, reference page, and in-text citations, as well as use level headings to match the assignment criteria listed above.
Please use, at minimum three scholarly references, and your paper should be 300-400 words, excluding title and reference pages.
Please review the rubric to ensure that your assignment meets criteria.
- Gray, J. R., Grove, S. K. & Sutherland, S. (2017). Burns and Grove’s the practice of nursing research: Appraisal, synthesis, and generation of evidence (8th ed.) . St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders. ISBN 978-0-323-37758-4
- Chapters: 5 & 6