Kiosk Study Computer Science
Convince your local public library to offer self-serve kiosks so patrons can check their materials in and out.
The required Kiosk Study Assignment Template [DOCX] must be used for this assignment and is not optional. It has been designed so that papers are logically organized and includes prompts for all required information for the assignment.
Using the template, complete the following:
- Write a proposal of not more than 650 words that evaluates the operational, technical, and economic feasibility of these kiosks.
- Draw use-case diagrams that illustrate how a patron would interact with the kiosk. These diagrams should illustrate all of the interactions in enough detail to derive functional requirements for the kiosk.
- Assume that all materials and library cards carry a unique bar code.
- The patron should have the option to receive a receipt for items checked in or out.
- Write sample instructions on how to use the kiosk. The library intends to post these instructions on a sign next to the kiosk, so they must be short (not more than 350 words), clear, complete, and well organized.
Your document must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- All charts and diagrams must be the student’s original work. They must be pasted into the document as neat, legible images.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Outline a plan for the operational, technical, and economic feasibility of an information technology-based solution.