For the initial post, pick three (3) of the leading causes of the American Civil War:
- The Compromise of 1850
- The Fugitive Slave Law 1850
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin 1852
- The Kansas Nebraska Act 1854
- The Dred Scott Case of 1857
- The Lincoln Douglas Debates 1858
Then, address one (1) of the following for your selections:
- Based on the historical facts given in this module, assess if the American Civil War was inevitable.
- Analyze if the United States Supreme Court can settle legal and moral issues through judiciary review. In your response, provide a documented example of a modern parallel of a legal or moral issue settled by the United States Supreme Court.