I need an explanation for this Health & Medical question to help me study.
You have been asked to teach a fitness class at your local community center three mornings a week. The community center weight room has 4 squat/press racks, bars, bumper plates, dumbbells and kettlebells in a range of sizes, 4 TRX units, cones, jump ropes, and a large open indoor space as well as an outdoor courtyard. You may bring in any additional equipment you would like.
Design a four-week cycle of classes in which you develop strength, endurance, and cardiovascular fitness in three classes per week. Provide scaling options for the different experience and fitness levels in each class. Develop this case study as you see fit, including defining your audience, describing what equipment and training style you will use, and explaining how you would deal with potential problems.
Include exercises and modifications for all four weeks, as well as a narrative of how you will set up your class and the necessary considerations. Use the template provided to design your case study.
Some questions that will help you design your class:
- Who is your target audience?
- What equipment do you plan on using?
- What are your teaching strengths/weaknesses? Ie, what equipment are you comfortable using to teach strength? Can you teach specific skill such as martial arts or dance? Do you like to incorporate games into your classes?
- How many people do you feel comfortable handling at one time?
- What are your core exercises going to be? How can you modify or substi-tute them to be more or less challenging?
- What is your goal for your participants? What methods/equipment are you going to use to teach your class?
- What is the duration of each class? What specific components are you go-ing to include on a daily and weekly basis?
- What does your warm-up and cool-down routine look like?
- What specific skills are you going to teach?
- How many segments will make up your workout? (1-3 is ideal) What training methods/equipment will you use for each segment?
- How will you progress your clients from week to week?