Major Health Information Technology (HIT)
Hajor health information technology (HIT) regulations aim to ensure privacy and confidentiality of patient health information. In this assignment, you will be asked to research your state privacy laws and standards specific to patient health information.
- Describe and discuss your state’s privacy laws that are specific to HIT.
- Compare and contrast your state’s privacy laws against HIPAA privacy rules.
- Develop and present a one- or two-page sample policy in ensuring privacy and confidentiality of patient health information when adopting an HIT. Your policy must cover:
- Boundaries or limitations of disclosure
- Consumer control
The following resources are provided for this project:
From the Internet, review the following:
- Federal Trade Commission. (2010). Complying with the FTC’s health breach notification rule. Retrieved from https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-ftcs-health-breach-notification-rule
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology. (2018). Health IT legislation. Retrieved from https://www.healthit.gov/topic/laws-regulation-and-policy/health-it-legislation
- Mertz, K. (2008). Health information technology 2007 and 2008 state legislation. Retrieved from http://www.ncsl.org/print/health/forum/hit_enacted.pdf