Help me study for my Health & Medical class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
W.H., a woman, age 36, has received a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis. She has lost part of her left visual field and has weakness in her left leg. W.H.’s mother had multiple sclerosis.
- State the factors in the history and the diagnostic tests that would indicate multiple sclerosis as a diagnosis.
- Describe the pathophysiology of multiple sclerosis.
- State the possible locations of the lesions that have caused visual and motor deficits.
- Describe the typical course of multiple sclerosis that W.H. can expect in future.
- Suggest several measures that can be used to minimize exacerbations.