In many states, nurse practitioners are completely autonomous professionals, other states, however, NPs have a wide range of “restrictive” practice ranging from requirements for a “supervising” physician to requirements for a “collaborative” agreement with a physician.
And this Practicum Journal Assignment, you will examine the requirements of your own state in order to prepare yourself for the realities of practice upon graduation.
- state PMHNP practice agreements
- physician collaboration issues
- barriers to PMHNP independent practice
- Create plans for addressing state PMHNP practice issues
**Assigned in Week 9 and submitted in Week 10
To Prepare for this Practicum Journal:
- Review practice agreements in your state.
- Identify at least two physician collaboration issues in your state.
For this Practicum Journal:
- Briefly describe the practice agreements for PMHNPs in your state.
- Explain the two physician collaboration issues that you identified.
- Explain what you think are the barriers to PMHNPs practicing independently in your state.
- Outline a plan for how you might address PMHNP practice issues in your state.