Week 3: Discussion Question – Healthy People 2020
Select at least one topic or objective from Healthy People 2020 that is of interest to you. Summarize key points of the topic or objective and discuss how this topic will affect patient care and its significance to the advanced nursing role and/or practice.
- Due: Thursday, 11:59 pm PT
- Length: A minimum of 250 words, not including references
- Citations: At least two high-level scholarly reference in APA from within the last 5 years
Week 3: Discussion Question – Case Study
Mr. Smith is a 64 year old African American male. He was diagnosed with hypertension and hyperlipidemia 5 years ago and has not taken meds regularly for the last year, states he has been experiencing chest pain when working around the house and sometimes while on his evening walk. And also complains that his feet are swelling in the evening. His vitals today: P-105, B/P-165/100, R-20. Wt-260 Ht-5’9” Labs: TC- 240, LDL- 145, HDL- 30, Trig-250. Sulfa allergy. You are assigned as his new PCP.
- What medication recommendations will you make? Include the drug class, generic and trade name and starting dose range. Provide rationale for your choices.
- Discuss any potential side effects and drug interactions for this patient.
- What non-pharmacological interventions would you suggest?
- What patient education would you provide?