Professional Values and Goals
Baccalaureate education includes the development of professional values and value-based behavior (AACN, 2008).
Reflect upon your nursing career through appreciative inquiry.
- Drawing on your own life stories and experiences, what does a nursing career meant to you?
- How does your nursing practice parallel the ANA (2015) Code of Ethics? List 4 specific examples from the Code of Ethics.
- What motivates you to remain in the nursing profession? Give an example through a personal story and what you learned that motivates you as a registered nurse.
- Develop 3 short-term and 3 long-term goals that emphasize your unique strengths.
- How will a BSN degree impact your short-term and long-term goals?
- Be creative and talk about your personal journey as a nurse. Include a personal nursing philosophy in the reflection.
- The American Association of Nursing (ANA) website; search for “Code of Ethics”
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
|Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation||
|Other media (Prezi, etc.) presentation||
|Graphs or other illustrations||
|Note: Title and reference pages/slides do not count towards the count requirements. Professional Values – Professional Values and Goals
Description: The baccalaureate-graduate nurse will discuss their professional values and the ANA Code of Ethics.
QSEN Competency: 4) Quality Improvement BSN Essential VIII
Course Competencies: 1) Demonstrate understanding of the professional values which form the foundation of professional nursing. 7) Clarify personal and professional values and recognize their impact on decision-making and professional behavior.