I need help with a Health & Medical question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
The purpose of this assignment is to improve your business writing communication skills. In the field of health administration, you will be required to draft professional documents in response to various situations.
Upon completion of this assignment, you will be expected to have obtained the following skills:
- Describe in your own words how the health administration profession is defined, based on your research of scholarly resources and professional organizations.
- Compare and contrast various points of view regarding the health care profession.
In addition, you will be expected to be knowledgeable of the following skills:
- Analyze formal and informal communication.
- Compare/contrast the effectiveness of various communication methods.
- Design effective communications for a wide variety of situations in healthcare organizations.
This assignment will also help you become familiar with the following important content knowledge in this discipline:
- Managerial/leadership functions.
- Professional Development and Lifelong Learning
- Search the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA) website (AUPHA.org) for information regarding health administration and career paths.
- Perform a library search for 3 peer-reviewed scholarly articles on health administration/management.
- Compose a 2-3-page paper formatted in APA style with parenthetical citations to support your observations. Use your references to answer the following:
- How is health administration defined based on your research of scholarly materials and health administration professional societies?
- How does the AUPHA define health administration?
- What qualifications/characteristics should a health administrator possess as defined by your research?
- How do you personally define health administration?
- What characteristics do you believe a health administrator should possess?
- Compare and contrast your own definition to those from professional sources.
Criteria for Success:
A rubric will be used to grade your completed paper. You are also required to schedule an appointment the Learning Resource Center’s online Writing Lab to help guide your paper prior to final submission.