Risk Management in Healthcare
Trends are heavily informed by local, state, and federal health care legislation.
Write a 750 word paper that evaluates the effect of local, state, and federal health care legislation within organizations by identifying trends. Be sure to address the following:
- Describe the role of risk management in health care operations.
- Describe general trends in health care legislation over the past 5 years.
- Describe a specific piece of legislation occurring within this time frame across the United States. Discuss how it governs a long trending health
care concern. What have been the motivating factors that have influenced this particular legislation?
- Discuss the effects of the trending legislation on health care overall in the United States.
- Discuss how stakeholders (patients, undeserved populations, health care providers, staff, etc.) have been affected by the trending legislation.
Support your essay by including three to five scholarly sources, including your textbook.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.