I’m trying to study for my Social Science course and I need some help to understand this question.
Your paper’s focus must include all of the following areas: needs to be 8 to 9 pages long
needs a abstract page in APA format
1. Introduction (statement of the problem)
2. Literature review
3. Background information/history
4. Global perspective
5. Future implications
7. References. You must include at least 7 resources that were published in the last five years.
- Discuss sociology, its origins, and the concept of adopting sociological and global perspectives when observing society.
- Specify the key elements of science that are applied by sociologists to the scientific study of social groups and society, defining the key scientific terms and describing how they are used in sociology.
- Explain the sociological meaning of the concept of culture and its components, providing examples of each.
- Identify the characteristics of social structure and explore the relationship between social structure and individuality.
- Discuss basic concepts relating to the social institutions of kinship, family, and marriage on both the local and global levels.
- Explain the four (4) basic principles and different systems of social stratification.
- Explain the role that gender plays in socialization in the family, the peer group, schooling, and the mass media.
- Distinguish between race and ethnicity, and describe racism and prejudice, identifying the three (3) perspectives theories of the latter.
- Explain the basic components used by demographers to study populations and describe demographic changes in the United States throughout its history, using the perspectives of Ferdinand Tönnies, Emile Durkheim, Georg Simmel, Robert Park, and Louis Wirth on urbanization as a way of life.
- Describe the four general characteristics of social change, discuss the different sources of social change, and compare the perspectives on social change as offered by Ferdinand Tönnies, Emile Durkheim, Max Weber, and Karl Marx.