Strategically Workforce Planning
Module 4: Discussion Forum
Workforce planning is an effective strategy used to align a company’s workforce performance with the company’s overall strategic plan. This acts as a plan to allow a company to better reach their goals and carry out their mission statements.
Strategic workforce planning allows a company to propose and delegate responsibilities to the HR department. These responsibilities include strategies that help align a company’s workforce with the company’s strategic plan.
- Discuss two strategies that can be used in strategic workforce planning, in order to align a company’s workforce to their overall strategic goals.
- Discuss why strategic workforce planning is important.
- Also, discuss the role HR takes in the process of strategic workforce planning.
Be sure to post an initial, substantive response of at least 300 words using proper APA formatting with at least ONE scholarly reference from the course materials. And respond to 2 peers (attached below) Must be 150 words per peer response with substantive responses. A substantive initial post answers the question presented completely and/or asks a thoughtful question pertaining to the topic. Substantive peer responses address two of the following bullets: Include a scholarly reference per peer response as well.
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor.
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic.
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail.
- Share an applicable personal experience.
- Provide an outside source (for example, a website) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA format).
- Make an argument concerning the topic.