Symptoms and Outbreak Characteristics of Cholera
Topic 1: Disease Outbreak
Select an infectious disease and research the CDC website for information about the disease including:
- its natural history,
- presenting symptoms, and
- outbreak characteristics
- Identify an occurrence of the disease by searching the Internet for recent reports of this disease and compare that episode or occurrence with information from the CDC website.
- How closely did that outbreak resemble the case definition?
Topic 2: Epidemiological Applications
- Describe how the concept of multifactorial etiology relates to the natural history of disease and the different levels of prevention.
- How should the nurse incorporate these concepts into health promotion of clients in community settings?
- How should the nurse approach client risk in these health promotion activities?