I’m working on a Health & Medical question and need guidance to help me study.
Assignment 4: Interprofessional Collaboration Paper (12 points)
Collegiality and collaboration are essential for teams to effectively function, attain established goals and desired outcomes, and show improved patient outcomes.
The Institute of Medicine (IOM) supports interdisciplinary collaboration and teamwork.
It is key that healthcare professionals work together in interprofessional teams to provide efficient, safe care in the healthcare environment.
Nurses must have the knowledge, communication skills, time management skills, and professional accountability to coordinate and implement plans of care for patients.
Develop a scholarly paper that includes the following criteria:
1. Define interprofessional collaboration and the value to nursing practice.
2. Describe the role interprofessional collaboration plays to improve patient care outcomes.
3. Discuss the four competencies of interprofessional collaboration.
4. Discuss the nurse’s role in the adoption of a team approach for delivery of care that could contribute to the healthcare organizations success.
5. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 4 to 5 pages excluding the title and reference page.
6. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
7. Include level 1 and level 2 headings to organize the paper.
8. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
9. Include a minimum of three (3) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
10. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).