please follow the instructions below
Anxiety disorders are common in both primary care and psychiatric practice. Clients with anxiety disorders including generalized anxiety disorders, agoraphobia, and other specific phobias will present to the PMHNP’s office with a significant level of distress. Successful recognition and treatment of anxiety disorders includes an accurate diagnostic assessment with a treatment plan that includes a combination of psychopharmacology and psychotherapy. Although psychoanalytic theories are based on the concept of anxiety, the more recent standard of care is with the cognitive-behavioral therapies.
In this Discussion, you will analyze evidence-based treatment plans for clients with anxiety disorders.
- Analyze differences between adjustments disorders and anxiety disorders
- Explain diagnostic criteria for anxiety disorders
- Analyze evidence-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for anxiety disorders
- Compare differential diagnostic features of anxiety disorders
- Explain the difference between an adjustment disorder and anxiety disorder. Provide examples to illustrate your rationale.
- Explain the diagnostic criteria for your assigned anxiety disorder.
- Explain the evidenced-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for your assigned anxiety disorder.
- Support your rationale with references to the Learning Resources or other academic resource.