ARTICLE YOU’LL BE USING IS ATTACHED : Disability, Voter Turnout, and Polling Place Accessibility
2 VIEWPOINT ESSAYS ARE ATTACHED
A. Introduction (1 page, 10 points)
Respond to the questions below and use the underlined concepts in your responses.
- What is the title of the scholarly research article which you will be analyzing in section B? ( THAT IS THE ARTICLE) Disability, Voter Turnout, and Polling Place Accessibility. How can you be sure that it is a scientific research article and not a personal opinion or viewpoint? Give evidence that shows it to be a scholarly research article.
- What is the social issue that you researched to this report? Why did you choose this issue?
- Write statements which describe the main point of each viewpoint essay that you located in your research. You should have at least 2 different statements. Be sure to include the authors’ name or title of the essay in your statements.
- Write statements which describe the 2 other items which you located. What information or perspectives do the other items contribute to your understanding of the issue?
B. Analyze the scholarly research article that you chose from the list. Answer these questions to analyze it. (1-2 pages, 30 points)
Read the questions completely and analyze the scholarly research article with all of the questions. Include the underlined concepts in your responses. Each response to a question is worth 1-4 points.
- What is the hypothesis or research question the author is studying? Quote a sentence that discusses the hypothesis or research question.
- What are the variables in the hypothesis or research question? Be specific and identify the independent and dependent variables.
- What methods of data collection did the author use to gather empirical evidence? Quote a statement from the article that identifies these methods. Choose one or two from the list below.