Why Has War Become Less Common Than in the Past
All instructions and essay questions are included in the attached pdf
HERE ARE THE QUESTIONS.
- Why has war become less common than in the past? What has civil (intrastate) war become more common than interstate war?
- Is ‘anarchy what states make of it’? Is war between the United States and China inevitable?
- Have we reached ‘the end of history’? Is liberal democracy a force that is leading to and sustaining a more peaceful world?
- Has the world been better off under a global capitalist system? Are multinational corporations (MNCs) a positive or negative force in the global political economy?
- Why has humanitarian intervention become a norm and practice in an international system based on sovereign states, non-interference and the non-use of force?
- Does the global economy’s dependence on oil make any meaningful limiting of carbon emissions impossible?