Approaches To Treatment Of Psychopathology
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Role II: Adults and Older Adults
Avoidant Personality Disorder in Adults and Older Adults
- Explain the diagnostic criteria for your assigned personality disorder.
- Explain the evidenced-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for your assigned personality disorder.
- Describe clinical features from a client that led you to believe this client had this disorder. Align the clinical features with the DSM-5 criteria.
- Support your rationale with references to the Learning Resources or other academic resources.
References that must be included
Perry, J. C., Presniak, M. D., & Olson, T. R. (2013). Defense mechanisms in schizotypal, borderline, antisocial, and narcissistic personality disorders. Psychiatry: Interpersonal & Biological Processes, 76(1), 32–52. doi:10.1521/psyc.2013.76.1.32
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Chapter 4, “Theories of Personality and Psychopathology” (pp. 151–191)
- Chapter 22, “Personality Disorders” (pp. 742–762)
- Chapter 13, “Psychosomatic Medicine” (pp. 465–503)