I’m stuck on a Biology question and need an explanation.
Discussion Worksheet 1
When answering the questions, please explain your answer in a few sentences. (Answer more than just a yes/no, but a paragraph is not required). You do not need to use outside sources, I am just looking for your thinking on the issue.
Everyone answers these two questions:
- Would it be a good idea to modify ACE-2 binding (Competitive inhibition, mutation, etc.) so that ACE-2 is no longer functional?
- How does the RNA-dependent RNA-polymerase “jump” and then “landing” at a specific site, given that it doesn’t fly through midair as shown in the cartoon? (Hint: Folding)
, answer the following questions
- In the Spike Protein, why is the amino acids of the ACE-2 binding region highly variable? (hint: arms race)
- If CoV-2 was a negative sense (minus) RNA virus instead of plus sense, how would this affect its ability to replicate?
- What component of COVID-19 would you design an antibody/drug to target, and why? (note: COVID-19 has a high rate of recombination)
- Why is it useful to understand zoonotic/animal viruses?
- Why is it that humans were able to easily control the spread of Cov-1/ SARS, but are struggling to control Cov-2/COVID-19?
- Would it help or hurt COVID-19’s ability to spread if it had the genetic information for synthesizing its own lipids?