Brain Functioning and Processing of Information
In Topic 1, you learned basic facts about the brain, including how the brain functions and develops. In this topic, you will explore advances in neuroscience, which have revealed new information about the brain, causing shifts to the fields of education, psychology, technology, and business. Understanding the newest research on how individuals’ brains function and process information and how and why they retain and recall information is important for any successful educator, trainer, or instructional designer.
Create an engaging 10-12 slide digital presentation (e.g. Prezi, Google Slides, PearDeck, or another engaging presentation tool) that explains information processing as a professional development training for your colleagues or others in your field of study.
Include the following in your presentation:
- How the brain generally organizes and reorganizes information.
- At least 3-4 of the latest findings in research regarding neuroscience and brain development (how the brain is wired, how synapses form and change, brain malleability, emotional responses in the brain, individuals’ unique brain anatomies, etc.). Provide descriptions of each supported by scholarly references.
- The connection between learning and brain development, including an analysis of how this affects your current or future professional setting.
- Minimum of 2-3 strategies to apply the latest research in neuroscience and brain development to your current or future professional setting.
- A title slide, presenter’s notes, and a reference slide
The digital presentation should include graphics that are relevant to the content, visually appealing, and use space appropriately.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
Support your presentation with 2-3 scholarly resources.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.