I need an explanation for this Health & Medical question to help me study.
Use the patient chart to answer the following questions. The questions are also attached in a word document.
Cardiovascular Disease Case Study
- Briefly describe the DASH eating plan and discuss the major nutrients that are components of this nutrition therapy.
- Using the recent Dietary Guidelines, describe why decreased sodium intake is targeted as a focus to improve the health of Americans.
- What are the health implications of Mrs. Moore’s body mass index (BMI)?
- Calculate Mrs. Moore’s energy and protein requirements.
- How do Mrs. Moore’s labs change between 6/25 and 3/15? What factors in her history may have made an impact on these?
- Identify the major sources of sodium and saturated fat in Mrs. Moore’s diet. Compare her typical diet to the components of the DASH diet.
- Used the patient’s chart to complete the table below
|Parameter||Normal Value||Patient’s Value||Normal, High or Low?|
|Total cholesterol||<200 mg/dL|
|Apo A||80–175 mg/dL|
|Apo B||45–120 mg/dL|