Care Provision and Practice
In this assignment the learner is required to investigate the topic, Alzheimer’s disease. This is a condition which may affect clients in middle and older age. The qualities and skills which you bring to the workplace and working in the community will directly impact the physical and mental wellbeing of clients.
Discuss thoroughly the caring qualities necessary for working with clients. (Relate to your work place or your personal knowledge and or experience).
With regard to the topic, Alzeimher’s Disease, examine comprehensively the skills involved to ensure total patient/client care. (Relate to the workplace or your personal knowledge or experience).
Make accurate and appropriate suggestions on how to care in the community for relevant client groups. Draw on your own experience and examples from real work scenarios to illustrate your answer. Include a correct daily routine for clients who are susceptible to, or have developed Alzheimer’s disease which aids physical, social, intellectual and spiritual wellbeing.
Give comprehensive evidence of thorough investigation and relevant
Present accurate evaluation and interpretation of the findings and excellent conclusions and recommendations.
references and bibliography to be included using the Harvard system of referencing.
Introduction to assignment – tell the reader what you are going to write about in this assignment, read over the tasks on assignment brief and summarise what you have to do).
- What is Alzheimer’s disease? – present a definition and reference it in text.
The causes the effects of the disease and the impact, reference in text
- Identify and discuss caring qualities needed to care for your client in this situation. (Relate it back to you work placement and or personal knowledge or experience). Minimum of 6 qualities
- Examine the skills involved to ensure total client care and discuss with reference to this topic and work placement. Minimum of 6 skills
- Make accurate and appropriate suggestions of how you could care in the community for your client group. (What services are available to care for a client who has Alzheimer’s Disease). E.G (career, meals on wheels, respite etc).
- Devise/identify a typical daily routine for your client susceptible to or having developed Alzheimer’s disease. This routine must aid their physical, social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual wellbeing. Explain why it is important to promote a daily routine for clients living with Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Evaluation (what is the value of doing this assignment? How will this help your future career? and interpretation of findings from doing research for this assignment. (What surprised you from doing this assignment?)
- Recommendations (make at least two recommendations as to how you could you improve the life of a client with Alzheimer’s Disease, e.g. Educate people more about the signs and symptoms of the disease. etc). Could refer to the documentary
- Conclusion – summarise the main points discussed.
Using the Harvard System of referencing, please reference your sources of information in text and present a bibliography.
|Thorough discussion of the caring qualities necessary for working with client groups||6|
|Comprehensive examination of the skills involved to ensure total patient care||6|
|Accurate and appropriate suggestions made on how to care in the community for client groups including correct identification of a typical daily routine that aids physical, social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual wellbeing||6|
|Comprehensive evidence of thorough investigation of the topic and relevant research undertaken||6|
|Accurate evaluation and interpretation of findings and excellent conclusions and recommendations made||6|