You have just walked into your first steering committee meeting. And quickly see this committee is ready to move forward with levering technology specific to communication. As the nursing delegate, you have been tasked with creating a comparative analysis of two communication technologies. And how they can be used to improve communication between healthcare teams. As well as how it can influence patient outcomes. Before the next monthly committee meeting, they want you to send them a comparative analysis using a format of your choice (i.e. table) of two communication technologies that you feel best improve safety and quality healthcare. Write a comparative analysis including the following:
- Discuss the two selected communication technologies you have chosen with support from scholarly research
- Describe the function of each technology
- Analyze how it is used in the healthcare setting
- Examine how the two selected technologies can be used to improve communication among the healthcare team.
- Provide a specific practice example from the literature to support how each technology has been shown. To improve communication among the healthcare team.
- Discuss how each communication technology has been shown to improve patient outcomes.
- Identify evidence from the literature to support how each technology has been shown to impact patient outcomes.