Help me study for my Biology class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
- Gather the volumetric flask, distilled water, graduated pipet, pipet bulb, sugar, scale, glass beaker, cup (plastic or drinking), scissors, and a sheet of white paper.
- Tare the digital scale by pressing the Φ/T button so that the scale reads 0.0 g.
- Remove the stopper for the volumetric flask from the top of the flask.
- Place the dry volumetric flask on the scale to determine its mass. Record the mass of the volumetric flask in Data Table 8.
Note: You will use the mass of the dry volumetric flask throughout the experiment.
- Cut a small square of white paper, fold it in half and then in quarters, and place it on the scale.
- Tare the scale by pressing the Φ/T button so that the scale reads 0.0 g with the paper on it. See Figure 16.