his assignment focuses on disaster recovery.
With recent events in news regarding varying natural disasters (hurricanes, floods, etc.), the Board has grown increasingly concerned with the loss of services and data at the main Chicago site. The board would like you to come up with a Disaster Recovery Plan that will utilize the Denver site as a potential hot/warm-site.
Develop a basic Disaster Recovery Plan in PowerPoint. First, use this Disaster Recovery Template and the following plans as a guide for the type of information you will need in you plan:
Summarize your findings in a PowerPoint. Be sure to address the following:
- Identify all critical software applications, data and hardware.
- Your recommendations on ensuring all data transfers and backups are timely and physically secure. Your plan must be thorough in identifying the challenges and solutions. In addition, be sure to address the following
- The frequency of backups, security of the backups and security of off-site storage should be addressed in the plan.
- Your recommendations to back up all data and when/where those backups will exist.
- Your recommendations on how the sites will be activated/deactivated in the event of a disaster.
- Ensure the recovery time
- Technology recovery strategies should be developed to restore hardware, applications and data in time to meet the needs of the business recovery.
Notes on submission:
Create a minimum ten (10) slide PowerPoint presentation using the template provided in which you:
- Illustrate your recommendations and justifications.
- Create bulleted speaking notes for your presentation to the executive board in the notes section of the PowerPoint. Note: You may create or assume any fictitious names, data, or scenarios that have not been established in this assignment for a realistic flow of communication.
- Use a professional technically written style to graphically convey the information.