Article Analysis #2
Carefully read “The Relationship Between Teacher Performance Evaluation Scores and Student Achievement: Evidence from Cincinnati” from Peabody Journal of Education by Malinowski. Then, provide succinct answers to the following questions. To help you, Empirical Bayes’ Estimation is one method to estimate teacher “valued-added” in terms of student achievement. Residuals are the difference between the observed value of a variable and the predicted value of a variable. In the Malinowski study, EB Intercept residuals is used by the author as a measure of student learning.
- What was/were the research questions(s)?
- Identify the variables involved in this study.
- What variables were used to calculate correlation coefficients?
- What was/were the major finding(s)?
- Were any limitations described in the study?